Dinner plays an important role when it comes to losing weight, lose weight sustainably. However, it can be difficult to find suitable meals that are not only low in calories but also fill you up and are tasty at the same time. In this blog post you will find various Low carb dinner that helps you lose weightwithout you having to sacrifice enjoyment. We have for you simple recipes and tips for the preparation, so that you too can be a healthy dinner to lose weight for weight loss.
Simply skip dinner to lose weight: Why this is not a good idea
Of course you save calories by skipping dinner, but going to bed with a growling stomach is anything but pleasant. Not only can it make affect your sleepbut also the inhibit muscle building. If the calorie deficit is too high, it can even counterproductive for the weight loss project. as the body can lose its basal metabolic rate in order to consume less energy.
Skipping a meal therefore has nothing to do with healthy eating habits. Instead, it is recommended, choose healthy food in the evening - preferably low carb & high protein. With the right foods, you can boost your fat metabolism, build muscle and improve your sleep.
The right time for dinner: Adapt your eating behavior to your daily rhythm
There are no fixed timethat is considered the "right" time for dinner. The time can vary from person to person person and depends on various factors, such as the individual daily routine and the personal eating habits. However, it is recommended to eat dinner at least two to three hours before going to bed in order to have a good digestion and restful sleep and restful sleep. Dinner should also not be too heavy or high in calories so as not to put too much strain on the metabolism. Rather focus on light low carb dishes with few carbohydrates and few calories.
The best foods for dinner to lose weight
These low carb foods are ideal for a light and healthy dinner that boosts your fat metabolism and helps you lose weight:
- Salad & vegetablesSeasonal vegetables such as asparagus, spinach, zucchinis, tomatoes, fennel, broccoli, eggplant and peppers contain lots of water, are low in calories and provide valuable vitamins and nutrients.
- PulsesChickpeas, lentils, beans, etc. round off any vegetable dish and are also full of fiber and vegetable proteins that keep you full for a long time.
- FishFish contains lots of important protein and valuable omega-3 fatty acids. Seafood and low-fat fish such as prawns, cod, tuna or pollack are therefore always a good choice.
- MeatLean chicken or turkey is ideal for a healthy dinner to lose weight.
- Dairy productsDairy products such as quark, cottage cheese or yoghurt keep you full for a long time and are rich in protein. However, you should only eat these foods in small quantities when losing weight.
- FruitFruit should of course not be missing from your healthy and balanced diet. Choose fruit such as berries, melon, oranges, kiwis etc. These are low in calories and rich in vitamins due to their high water content. However, only eat a maximum of one portion of fruit, especially in the evening, as the sugar content can otherwise inhibit fat burning during the night.
- Nuts & seedsAs healthy snack Nuts and seeds such as pumpkin seeds, cashew nuts or sunflower seeds are particularly suitable as a healthy snack between meals or in front of the TV in the evening.
You should avoid these foods in the evening
Certain foods are best avoided in the evening, as they increase the affect fat metabolism and sleep and sleep:
- Carbohydrate-rich foods made from white flour such as rice, bread and pasta
- Fried or breaded foods such as chips or schnitzel
- Heavy and rich sauces such as hollandaise or béarnaise
- Cheese and other high-fat dairy products such as cream or butter
- Sweets and desserts with lots of sugar and fat
- Alcoholic drinks
One stable blood sugar level is crucial for a smooth metabolism. This enables the body, process nutrients effectively and absorb them. A constant blood sugar level not only keeps your weight stable, but also improves your sleep.
Delicious recipe ideas for your healthy dinner to lose weight
Here we have for you delicious and healthy recipes for your dinner that will give you the best support you in losing weight:
- Light soups & stewsThese recipes are very easy to prepare, low in calories and varied. The soups and stews are not only easy to digest, but also quick to cook. Why not try our vegan carrot orange ginger soup or our vegan pumpkin carrot potato soup.
- Vegetarian and vegan dishes: Colorful salads or tasty recipes for stir-fried and baked vegetables are ideal as a low-calorie dinner to lose weight. Why not try our healthy stuffed bell pepper halves. With our Oven Brussels sprouts with cauliflower rice recipe, you can create the perfect alternative to conventional, carbohydrate-rich rice. And thanks to our vegan pumpkin fries you don't have to do without anything, even when losing weight.
- Healthy bowls: LiveFresh offers vegan bowls in many different flavors - with a focus on low carb and high protein. These dishes create the ideal basis for losing weight and can be prepared in just a few minutes. Want to try a recipe for yourself? Then try our healthy Buddha Bowl.
- Alternatives to classic bread & toast: You should avoid bread and toast when losing weight. Instead, try our Avocado toast made from sweet potatoes or make yourself some delicious and healthy wraps. We also have the right low carb wrap recipes for you.
Frequently asked questions about dinner to lose weight:
What should I eat for dinner if I want to lose weight?
When you lose weight healthily you can eat protein and fiber-rich foods in the evening in the evening, which fill you up for a long time and are low in calories at the same time. These include, for example lean meat, fish, vegetables, pulses or salad. Carbohydrates, especially simple sugars, should be avoided. High-fat foods or large portions are also not ideal in the evening, as the body needs less energy at this time of day and stores excess energy as fat reserves.
What can I eat after 6 p.m. without gaining weight?
There are some foods that you can safely eat in the evening without gaining weight. These include, for example Vegetables, lean protein such as chicken breast or fish, salad, soups and stews without potatoes or pasta, and Quark or yogurt with fruit. However, it is important to avoid large portions and sugary foods, as they increase insulin levels and can inhibit fat burning.
What fills you up in the evening and is low in calories?
Foods that fill you up in the evening and at the same time few calories containare for example:
- Vegetables (e.g. broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, zucchinis)
- Legumes (e.g. lentils, chickpeas)
- lean protein (e.g. chicken breast, fish, tofu)
- salad with low-sugar dressings
You can also High-fiber foods such as wholegrain rice or pasta, quinoa and oatmeal can also help you to feel full while consuming fewer calories. It is important to keep an eye on portion size and to eat balanced composition of the meal and a balanced composition of the meal.
What can I eat for dinner instead of bread?
Instead of bread, you can also eat other low-carbohydrate alternatives such as vegetable sticks with hummus or guacamole, a salad with protein-rich ingredients such as chicken, fish or tofu, an omelette filled with vegetables or a homemade sushi roll with vegetables and fish. Also a quark or yogurt with fruit or nuts can also be a tasty and healthy alternative to bread. If you still want bread, it is advisable to choose a low carb Bread based on seeds, kernels and nut flours to reach for.