Vegan Obazda made from sweet potato and the perfect vegan Bavarian snack platter. What would a Bavarian snack platter without Obazda? Unthinkable! So that you too as a vegan we have created a recipe for you - the basic ingredient: sweet potato! Read this article to find out what else you need. In our recipe video, our chef Michi shows you how to prepare the Obazda. This recipe is also perfect for snacking during your preparation and post-processing of the juice cleanse. Give it a try!
Preparation: 5 min.
Preparation: 10-15 min.
Total time: 15-20 min.
Ingredients (4 portions):
450g sweet potato
2 tsp soy sauce
2 tsp mustard
50g soy yogurt
1 shot of wheat beer
1 tsp salt
½ teaspoon pepper
½ tsp caraway seeds
1 tsp paprika powder
½ tsp cayenne pepper
- First wash the sweet potato and prick it with a fork
- Then place the sweet potato in the microwave for approx. 10 minutes at 800 watts or in the oven for approx. 35 minutes at 180 degrees convection oven
- Then leave to cool for 5-10 minutes and peel off the skin
- Now add the margarine, soy sauce, mustard, soy yoghurt and spices to the lukewarm sweet potato and mash everything with a fork until it has a creamy consistency
- Then add the finely chopped shallots and season to taste again
- Leave the mixture to cool for approx. 30 minutes and then serve on a platter with some salad
- Enjoy your meal!
Nutritional values (per portion):