Porridge is not only a delicious breakfastbut also a particularly nutritious option for in-between meals - if you know what to look out for. In this article, we take a closer look at the calories and nutritional values of porridgeto help you make the right choices for a healthy diet. balanced diet make. Let's discover the delicious world of porridge together and learn low-calorie and delicious toppings toppings.
Porridge: This is how many calories porridge has
Porridge is a popular breakfast. The number of calories in porridge depends on the ingredients and the preparation. In general, oat flakes are rich in dietary fiber, proteins and important nutrientswhich makes them a satisfying and nutritious meal. meal.
Usually contains 50 g oat flakes around 200 kcal. If classic porridge is prepared with warm water, the finished porridge has just as many calories as raw oats.
The addition of sweeteners, fruit, nuts or yogurt increases the calorie count of course, but can also improve the nutritional value.
LiveFresh Porridge based on soy flakes: low-calorie, low-carb & high-protein
The LiveFresh low carb porridge differs from conventional oatmeal porridge in that it contains the use of protein-rich soy flakes. As a result, it contains less carbohydrates and antinutrients and is especially nutrient-rich. Perfect for anyone who wants to eat a healthy and balanced diet or lose weight.
Discover the benefits of the LiveFresh porridge based on soy flakes:
- The basis Protein and fiber-rich soy flakesfrom organic farming from Lake Constance
- The hemp seeds, linseed and chia seeds contained are rich in nutrients and vital substances as well as high-quality omega 3 fatty acids
- gluten free
Nutritional values per portion of porridge: This is what's in your bowl
Unlike conventional porridge, our soy flake porridge has significantly more proteins. This makes it perfect for building muscle or losing weight. Per portion you can expect about 17 g protein. In comparison: other porridges often contain only 5.8 g protein.
In addition, our porridge contains around 50 % less carbohydrates. Per serving you only consume 15 g carbohydrates per portion. In comparison: others usually contain 29.2 g.
The fiber in our soy flakes product promote digestioncontribute to a healthy intestines and can contribute to a counteract an unpleasant bloated belly.
Your insulin level only rises slightly thanks to the low-calorie recipe. The works Cravings in between. As the soy flakes are digested slowly, you won't get hungry again so quickly.
Milk or water: type of preparation influences calorie count
The number of calories in a portion of porridge clearly depends on how it is prepared. Simply prepared with warm water, you can save quite a few calories. If you prefer the creamy consistency of porridge, milk or milk alternatives such as an almond or oat drink are the better choice. However, please note that you will then consume more calories.
As already mentioned, you must expect approx. 200 kcal for a portion of 50 grams of oatmeal. The following table gives you a overview of the number of calories per type of preparation:
Calories for 100 g liquid
Calories for 50 g oatmeal
Calories per serving of porridge
With classic porridge, the following is usually added sweetener such as sugar, honey or agave syrup to give the porridge flavor. But beware: even supposedly healthy ingredients have calories. One teaspoon of honey adds around 20 kcal to your meal. Additional toppings also increase the calorie count.
With the LiveFresh soy flake-based porridge can help you save calories. Only approx. 180 kcal per 50 grams - which already contains sweeteners and, depending on the flavor you choose, delicious ingredients such as chocolate drops, almonds, apple cubes, freeze-dried berries and the like. This means that you no longer need any additional toppings to make your porridge a real treat.
Recipe ideas: Healthy toppings with few calories
Give your porridge the perfect healthy kick with these low-calorie toppings:
- FruitFresh berries, apple slices or banana slices - rich in vitamins and full of natural sweetness. On average, you should expect around 50 calories per 25 grams of fruit.
- Nuts and seedsAlmonds, chia seeds or linseed for a crunch and additional nutrients.
- Coconut flakes: A touch of the exotic with few calories.
- CinnamonFor an aromatic note without added sugar. This enhances the taste experience without increasing the amount of calories.
- Yoghurt: Skimmed yoghurt for a creamy consistency and additional protein.
With these toppings, your porridge is not only delicious, but also a healthy meal with few calories.
The 4 most common mistakes when eating porridge
Avoid these four common mistakes when eating porridge:
- Oatmeal instead of soy flakes: Make sure you choose the right base - soy flakes are high in protein and perfect for a balanced meal.
- Portions that are too large: Keep an eye on portion size to avoid overeating. 50 to 60 grams of soy flakes is normal, more only if your calorie requirement
- Too much sugar: Go easy on sweeteners, even healthy options have calories.
- Avoid high-calorie toppings: Choose your toppings wisely to enhance the flavor, but keep them low in calories. Less is often more when it comes to toppings.
Frequently asked questions about porridge & calories:
How many calories are in a serving of oatmeal with milk?
As a rule, one portion (approx. 50 grams) contains oatmeal cooked in about 100 ml of milk, about 265 kcal. The exact number of calories may vary depending on the specific products and preparation methods. It is also important to note that the addition of fruit, nuts or other toppings will affect the total calorie count.
How many calories does the LiveFresh porridge have?
The exact number of calories in LiveFresh Porridge based on soy flakes depends on the preparation. With a standard portion of 50 gprepared with water, the calorie content is typically around 180 kcal. Due to the high protein content the low-calorie porridge leads to a quick satietyso you don't have to eat large quantities until you are full.
Is porridge good for a diet?
Yes, porridge can be a good option for a diet for a diet. Here are some reasons why you should LiveFresh porridge into your diet when losing weight:
- Satisfying: Porridge contains protein and fiber, which contribute to a longer feeling of satiety. This means you have less of a desire to snack in between meals throughout the day.
- Rich in nutrients: The LiveFresh Porridge is rich in protein and fiber and contains high-quality omega-3 fatty acids.
- Low in calories: The soy flake-based porridge with hemp seeds, linseed and chia seeds is particularly low in calories.
- Energizing: The proteins it contains provide a sustained source of energy, which is particularly important if you are following a low-calorie diet.
- Customizable: Porridge is versatile and can be enriched with different ingredients such as fruit, nuts or yogurt. This keeps the diet varied.
- Controlled portion size: Precise control of ingredients and portions makes it easy to monitor calorie intake.
The important thing is to pay attention, not too much sugar or high-calorie toppings so as not to compromise the weight loss benefits.
You can find more information on this topic here: Does porridge help you lose weight?
Which is better: porridge with water or milk?
The choice between water and milk for your porridge depends on personal preferences and nutritional goals goals.
Porridge with water:
Porridge with milk: