Our creamy cheese spaetzle without egg are not only super tasty & savory, but are also a real classic in their homeland, the "Schwabenländle". This hearty dish is usually made with just few ingredients ingredients - if you now have a spaetzle press, you can make the vegan cheese spaetzle in just 30 minutes. With just a few ingredients, you can conjure up a healthy and nutritious lunch, which is also ideal for a juice cleanse preparation or post-processing.
Preparation: 5 min.
Preparation: 25 min.
Total time: 30 min.
Ingredients (2 portions):
187g spaetzle flour or wheat flour
30g durum wheat semolina
37g potato flour or potato starch
1 TSP OIL
½ tsp salt
0.5 tsp turmeric
260ml soy milk
100ml vegan cream
100g vegan grated cheese
1 large red onion
- First put all the ingredients for the spaetzle in a large bowl and mix well with a wooden spoon to make a homogeneous dough
- Now bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and press the dough in batches through the spaetzle press into the boiling water
- As soon as the spaetzle float to the surface of the water, scoop them out with a slotted spoon, then drain briefly and rinse under cold water
- Now peel the onion and cut into strips
- Next, place the onions in a pan and fry over a high heat, turning frequently
- Then briefly fry the spaetzle in another pan, add the vegan cheese and cream and stir until everything is well combined
- Finally, serve on a plate and top with the onions - delicious!
Nutritional values (per portion):