Drinking only nutritious fruit and vegetable juices for a few days is a real treat for your body. During this time, you can give up unhealthy eating habits and give your really relieve your bowels. During a juice cleanse no solid foods are consumed - this can quickly upset the digestive system. One juice cleanse means a big change for your body - If you approach the transition phase from solid to liquid food incorrectly, you risk complaints such as constipation or diarrhea. We'll tell you why, what you should pay particular attention to for your digestion during the juice fast. Remember: every body is different and that's completely normal!
Diarrhea with juice cleanse: The causes
Fasting is always a time of renunciation - in the case of juice cleanse fasting involves abstaining from solid foods and only drinking nutrient-rich fruit and vegetable juice. One changing your diet too quickly can lead to diarrhea. Especially for newcomers to fasting, diarrhea during the juice cleanse is a frequent problem. This is usually due to the fact that you lose a lot of water during juice fasting. If bowel movements are accompanied by cramps and abdominal pain, an intolerance may also be the cause.
Widespread is Diarrhea also after juice cleanse. Some people react sensitively to the change from liquid to solid food when fasting. After fasting, the body must slowly get used to normal food intake again after normal food intake. Would you like to find out more about the possible health problems associated with fasting? Here you can find all the information about juice cleanse side effects.
ImportantIf the symptoms last longer than three days without signs of improvement, a doctor should always be consulted.
The right preparation for a healthy gut during fasting
As juice fasting involves completely abstaining from solid foods for a certain period of time, the digestion should be prepared slowly and gently for this change in diet. The actual fasting therefore begins before the juice cleanse. The following tips will help you prepare your gut for fasting:
- Before the fast, eat easily digestible foods such as steamed vegetables.
- Avoid very fatty foods.
- Limit the consumption of luxury foods such as coffeenicotine and alcohol day by day.
- Prepare the digestive system for the coming period by purging before fasting with a colonic irrigation or by drinking laxative salts and reduce symptoms such as headaches, nausea and dizziness.
A corresponding preparation and follow-up with these measures can be beneficial for the body. Important: Everything can, nothing must! For more tips on the topic juice cleanse and how best to get through them, feel free to browse through our News & Juice Blog - here you can find for example 10 tips for juice cleanse.
If you are unsure whether your health can cope with the possible side effects, it is best to talk to a doctor about it.
juice cleanse Diarrhea: Useful measures & tips for prevention
What should you do if you are already suffering from diarrhea during the cure? Here are a few simple measures to relieve your digestion:
- Drink plenty of water and unsweetened tea to make up for fluid loss.
- Soak a tablespoon of psyllium husks in a glass of water for a few minutes and drink it in the morning after getting up.
- Make up for the loss of electrolytes by eating vegetable broth.
Also after juice cleanse you should not go straight back to your old diet. Otherwise you risk diarrhea and abdominal pain after breaking your fast. Give your body a few days to get used to solid food again so that you don't overstrain your digestive system. The following tips will help you to get through the adjustment phase without symptoms:
- Slowly introduce your stomach and intestines to solid foods.
- Chew food consciously and slowly to relieve the stomach.
- Stop eating as soon as you feel full.
- Focus on a diet without fatty foods, ready meals, fast food and sweets.
- When fasting, opt for steamed vegetables or vegetable soup with some rice or potatoes.
- You could also use small amounts of plant milk products such as oat milk or almond yoghurt.
LiveFresh Tip: If you have ever had a juice cleanse can benefit from it in the long term. This form of fasting makes it easier to start a healthy diet and a balanced lifestyle.