Vegan celery schnitzel
This super delicious vegan celery schnitzel is the perfect alternative for everyone who would like to do without meat. The crispy breading makes the schnitzel irresistibly tasty and is in no way inferior to Grandma Schnitzel. In this post you will find out which ingredients you need and in which steps you can easily prepare the schnitzel. At the bottom you will find the recipe video with our cook Michi.
Ingredients (8 portions):
1 celery tuber (approx. 600g)
160ml soy milk
2 tablespoons of mustard
5 tablespoons of chickpea flour
1 teaspoon salt
½ TL Kala-Namak (optional)
½ teaspoon pepper
1 pinch of turmeric
1 TL paprika powder
- Peel the celery tuber and cut it into a thick slices about 1-1.5 cm thick.
- Put the slices in a saucepan, cover them with salt water and have them ahead for 5 minutes.
- Then pour the water off, let the celery slices drip and cool down.
- In the meantime, put the flour in a deep plate.
- Mix the soy milk with mustard, chickpea flour, 1 teaspoon of salt, Kala-Namak, pepper and turmeric in another deep plate.
- Mix the breadcrumbs and the paprika powder in another plate.
- Ca-up each celery cover with flour, then put it in the soy milk wicker flour mixture and recently roll it in breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in a pan and add a piece of the vegan butter.
- Then fry the celery in the pan from both sides in the pan.
- Serve the schnitzel with a side dish of your choice and enjoy it!
Nutritional values (per serving):
Use a 3, 5 or 7 days of juice cure, to start a more conscious lifestyle and feel better in the long term. Give your body the chance of a reset and get to know your feeling of hunger and satiety. After the juice cure, you can perfectly incorporate this recipe into your everyday life due to the great nutritional values.