the special effect of the beetroot juice on the body is often underestimated. Even if the taste of beetroot is not for everyone - For health, the vegetables are at most an enrichment. In this article, we will tell you why you should drink beetroot juice and how you can make the health -promoting drink yourself.
Beetroot-the miracle tuber
The beetroot or beet is one Popular winter vegetables in German -speaking countries. The tuber looks quite inconspicuous on the outside, but the inner values have it all.
- Red beets have vitamin Bwhich is important for the skin and nerves, among other things.
- The vegetables also contain Vitamin A And an impressive amount vitamin C.
- In addition, the tuber offers Trace elements Like magnesium, calcium, selenium, iron, iodine, sodium, zinc and copper.
With their special active ingredients, beetroot can easily convince. The tuber is not everyone's favorite in terms of taste - because the vegetables have one more special, slightly earthy taste.
Why you should drink beetroot juice
But why is beetroot juice so healthy? We have that for you most important advantages of beetroot juice summarized:
- Lower the blood pressure: If you regularly take beetroot, this should have a positive effect on blood pressure.
- Improves blood flow: The nutrients contained in the tuber ensure an expansion of the blood vessels. That is why beetroot juice is very popular with many athletes. But well -blooded brain cells also benefit you in everyday life.
- Supports blood formation: The high proportion of iron and B vitamins also supports blood formation.
- Lowers the risk of heart diseases: The consumption of beetroot juice can reduce the risk of heart diseases. Regular consumption of the vegetables can therefore reduce the likelihood of a stroke or heart attack.
- Looks antioxidant: The power bulb should also have antioxidant effects and thus contribute to cell protection.
- Strengthens the immune system: In addition, red pray should strengthen the immune system. With a little luck, you will be spared a cold.
- Supports skin, hair & nails: The nutrients in beetroot support the normal function of skin, hair and nails.
In order to benefit from the effects of the red pray, it is sufficient to drink a glass of the power drink every day.
How you can make beetroot juice yourself: a simple recipe
You can easily make beetroot juice yourself. Make sure to carry a apron and disposable gloves when processing red beds. the Red spots are very persistent - It is not for nothing that the tuber is still often used as a colored medium today.
Ingredients for the juice
To cover up the slightly earthy taste of beetroot, you can spice up with other fruits and vegetables. Leave apples, carrots and oranges Each taste of the tuber quickly disappear in the background.
- 300 g beetroot
- 1 apple
- 1 carrot
- 3 oranges
- 1 lime / lemon
- 1 small piece of ginger
The preparation is very quick:
- Peel beetroot, oranges and lime or lemon.
- Then put all the ingredients in a juicer.
- Juice the ingredients and best enjoy immediately.
- Optional: The beetroot juice tastes even better with a few ice cubes.
How to keep fresh beetroot juice best
To absorb all nutrients directly, you should It is best to consume the fresh beetroot juice immediately. If there are leftovers, you can do the juice Store in the fridge for up to three days in an airtight container for up to three days. If you want to make sure that the juice does not lose its freshness and nutrients, you can also freeze the juice in an ice cube shape and let it thaw as required.
It is even easier to finish and cold -pressed Beetroot juice from LiveFresh To grab - never heated and 100 % natural. Stay in it guaranteed to receive the most important nutrients. On our News & Juice Blog you will also find other delicious recipes with beetroot like that Vegan beetroot pasta or the Vegan beetroot couscous couscous salad.
Beetroot juice: you should consider that
Dumplings have many advantages for health, but there is still to consider a few things.
If you suffer from previous illnesses or take medication, you should discuss the regular enjoyment of beetroot with your doctor in advance. This applies particularly to blood pressure problems. But even with problems with kidney stones, you should rather avoid red beets, as the tubers have a high oxalic acid content.
Frequently asked questions about beetroot juice:
What brings beetroot juice?
Beetroot juice can help your To lower blood pressure, Yours To promote blood circulation, the Reduce the risk of strokes and heart attacks and contributes to the normal function of skin, hair and nails. The vegetables are also said to have an antioxidant effect and strengthen the immune system. All in all is It is a real power bulb.
How often should you drink beetroot juice?
Even a glass of beetroot juice daily provides valuable nutrients, vitamins and minerals for our body. The vegetables not only lowers blood pressure, but also helps to remain efficient. However, you should avoid the power drink if you suffer from previous illnesses or have to take medication regularly. In this case, the frequent consumption of beetroot juice should be clarified in advance with a doctor.