It's not just our clothes that become lighter in summer, but also our meals. We have less of an appetite for heavy and fatty dishes such as roasts or burgers, but much more A desire for refreshing summer dishesthat quickly prepared are prepared quickly. After all, especially when it's really hot, you want to little time in front of the hot stove in front of the hot stove. That's why we have recipes for light and simple summer dishes collected and healthy snack ideas for a quick cool down.
How to eat right in the heat
In winter our body is busy keeping its core temperature warm enough to protect the most important organs. The metabolism also slows down. In hot temperaturesespecially those that exceed our core temperature, it must actively cool and try, dissipate excess heat to the outside. We sweat and lose a lot of water as a result. In particular for the cardiovascular system is the exhausting.
So if it's particularly hot, you absolutely have to make sure you drink enough fluids. Take Foods with the highest possible water content as possible. You also support your body if you spend more time in cool places and avoid fatty, hard-to-digest foods.
Further tips for nutrition on hot days:
- Eat more often, but smaller portions.
- Vegetables such as tomatoes, cucumbers and the like contain lots of water and are cooling from the inside.
- Fruit with a high water content also cools from the inside, including melons and strawberries.
- Your body doesn't have to bring lukewarm drinks to the right core temperature first. Peppermint is also cooling. Try a lukewarm peppermint tea.
- Summer dishes such as cold soups, for example gazpacho, provide you with additional fluids.
- Look out for recipes with a sufficiently high salt intake, as a lot of it is excreted through sweat.
- Fatty and smoked sausages and meat are particularly heavy on the stomach in summer.
- With foods such as mayonnaise, fresh meat, fish or dairy products, make absolutely sure that the cold chain has not been interrupted - if possible, do not leave them in a hot car.
In a nutshell: Pay attention to a a sufficiently high fluid intakewhich is supported by foods with a high water content. Avoid recipes with foods that are difficult to digest and high in fat and take dishes and drinks to you, that your body doesn't have to heat up first. Of course, this doesn't mean that you can never eat barbecue plates or ice cream sundaes again: It's the quantity that counts.
10 light summer dishes for hot days: quick recipe ideas
- Vegan low carb fries made from kohlrabi: kohlrabi has a water content of 91% and is particularly high in vitamin C.
- Vegan summer rolls with turmeric currycucumber and carrots: Rice paper is very filling and low in calories.
- Spinach wraps with rocket: Spinach and rocket contain lots of potassium and vitamin C and consist of 92% water.
- Vegetarian cauliflower steak with low-fat quark dip: The cauliflower version is definitely lower in calories and easier to digest than an animal steak.
- Vegan low carb wraps with couscous: Instead of wraps made from grains, crunchy green salad is used here. Instead of the yoghurt topping, you can also use vegan or classic cream cheese.
- Vegan chickpea and carrot saladChickpeas are filling and low in fat, while carrots are high in water and beta-carotene. Beta-carotene is converted by the body into vitamin A, which is important for eyesight.
- Vegan glass noodle salad with sugar snaps: Sugar snap peas are a very tender type of pea, contain a lot of protein and are also low in fat.
- Vegan tomato gazpachoThis cold soup is an excellent summer dish and is rich in antioxidants.
- Vegan black lentil salad with tomatoes and cucumber: High in protein, low in calories and low in fat - a tasty salad on hot days.
- Vegan summer salad with roasted peaches and a plant-based feta alternative: this combination is an absolute highlight in terms of taste. Peaches are also rich in water and provide important minerals - the ideal recipe for hot days.
As you can see, there are numerous other exciting recipe ideas apart from the classic green salad, add variety to your nutrition plan and can be prepared in just a few minutes. In early summer during the asparagus season, for example, you can prepare a delicious Asparagus Strawberry Salad for example. Watermelon feta is also a great combination. Why not also try zoodlespasta made from zucchinis! Zucchinis are also perfect on the grill. With couscous or quinoa stuffed tomatoesbaked with a little feta are a delicious side dish.
Fishsuch as salmon or local trout, are a good alternative to fatty cutlets, especially when it comes to grilling. Prawns contain a lot of vitamin E and are suitable as a topping for fresh salads or light pasta dishes.
Our light summer dishes are not heavy on the stomach and nourish your body in the heat with additional fluids and valuable vitamins and minerals. Do you have little time to cook or want to lose some weight before the bathing season, you can use the LiveFresh food cleanse to fall back on. It is Low carb and high protein, low in calories and varied designed. The vegan bowls are ready in just a few minutes. All meals of the day are includedas well as shakes and snacks. You'll lose fat sustainably and the included, detailed diet plan during the entire diet.
Quick snacks to cool down in summer
Whether you're heading to the outdoor pool or prefer to chill out in the garden or on the balcony, a few light snacks belong away from from classic summer dishes for lunch and dinner simply with it.
Here you will find recipes and ideas for light snacks on hot days:
- High protein cookies made from bananas and sesame seeds
- Oatmeal cups with raspberries
- Apple oatmeal cookies with agave syrup
- Vegan melon ice cream with yogurt
- Mango sorbet with coconut topping
- Vegetable sticks with hummus or cream cheese dip
- Homemade crispy vegetable chips with guacamole
- Puff pastry buns with spinach filling
- Oven-baked chickpeas with a paprika and chilli marinade
The general rule in summer is: the more liquid, the better. So you can't go wrong with vegetables or fruit such as melon, berries, peaches or mango. Guests are also happy to help themselves to these, especially if you serve them with light summer dips. Now and again, a dark chocolate sauce is of course also fine.
If it's particularly hot, it's better to stay inside. cool indoor areas or in shady places. This will protect your circulation and make it much easier for you to survive heat waves.
Frequently asked questions about summer dishes:
Is soup good in summer?
Yes, soup is also good in summer. In contrast to hearty and warming soups, which are popular in the cooler months of the year, on hot days you should eat cold soups such as gazpacho to fall back on. Cucumber soup also tastes wonderfully refreshing.
What summer dishes can you eat at 40 degrees?
Classic summer dishes for really hot days are, besides cold soupsvarious types of salad, zucchini noodles, vegetable skewers with tofu, summer rolls, steamed chicken or salmon fillet. Suitable snacks include Vegetables with dip or fresh fruit perfect.
What shouldn't you eat in the heat?
In the heat you should avoid fatty dishes that are heavy on the stomach. It's better to eat smaller portions, but more often. Definitely not light summer dishes are for example roasts, stews, dumplings, cream goulash or cheese spaetzle.
Why do I put on weight in summer?
In summer you gain under certain circumstances because your body then tends to retain water. The legs in particular are often affected. Your blood vessels dilate so that the body can better release the heat to the outside. As a result, fluid is pushed into the surrounding tissue - you swell up. You can do something about this counteract this by drinking enough fluids and eating summer dishes with a high water content, as this encourages the body to excrete the fluid. However, if you tend to permanently to water retention, you should you should have a consult a doctoras there may be an underlying illness.